Faux Cucumber Sushi

Friday, August 16, 2013

What fake sushi.... YEP! I really am not a fan of sushi at all, really the only time I eat it is when I visit one of my best friends in Arkansas. So this recipe was a throw together because I had cucumber that I really needed to use so this is what I came up with. Very yummy, light, and full of flavor. I will give your directions on how to make each separately. LETS DO THIS. 


What you will need: 
- 1 cup quinoa 
- 1 cucumber (try to get one the same size all the way though)
- 1 avocado 
- 1 can of tuna 
- red pepper flakes 
- chili powered 
- salt and pepper

Make the quinoa as directed on the box. While that is cooling place avocado in a med bow and smash, after it is fully smashed add the can of tuna,  dash of red pepper flakes, and chili power (set aside). Cut your cucumber in half use the largest side and start to scoop out the middle where the seeds are. I just used a butter knife and scrapped them out. With the other half start to peel on one side till you have enough at least 5 strips, cut in half.  


(you can use a mandolin or a hand peeler which is what I used) 


Small Roll) Once the quinoa is finished and cooled spread think layer on cookie sheet or cutting board. Roll avocado and tuna mixture into little balls and roll continuous on one side, you want to try and leave the two ends free of quinoa. Place roll in cucumber slices, this part is kind of tricky you have to be gentle but still get the cucumber wrapped tight. Continue till you have no mixture left. 


Large Roll) Once the quinoa is finished and cooled mix about half a cup into the avocado tuna mixture.  Then start stuffing the hallowed out cucumber. You will want to make sure it is packed in there pretty tight. Then slice and enjoy. 


ENJOY


xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger