Sweet potato nachos

Monday, August 12, 2013

I saw a pictures that someone had posted to Instagram, whoever you are I am sorry I tried to find the image again to give you credit and could not find it. Since I couldn't find the images with the recipe I just dove right in and tried to create something similar.

This is probably one of my favorite meals to date, it is so yummy and full of flavor. By the time you get done reading this post your mouth will be watering I am telling you :)

What you need:

- 1 med sweet potato
- Olive oil 
- salt/pepper
- half an onion chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 whole jalapeno minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 can of black beans (half the juice drained)
- 1 package of ground turkey 
- 1 package taco seasoning 
- Lawry's seasoning salt
- Garlic salt

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cut sweet potato into half inch slices, toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper till they are well coated. Place on lined cookie sheet or stone and place in the over. Watch carefully and tune as needed till they are brown and crispy. 

In a skillet combined garlic, onion, and jalapeno let sweat down till they become translucent. Then add the can of black beans place on low heat and let simmer for about 5 min, set aside. 


Cook ground turkey in a skillet and add half a package of taco seasoning, Lawry's seasoning salt, and garlic salt before the meat is fully cooked.


Top ground turkey with bean mixture and surround with sweet potatoes. Top with Greek yogurt and salsa. ENJOY




xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. O. M. G. This sounds amazing! And I know the husband would like it as well! Thanks for sharing:) And I am going to pin the hell out of it so I always have it!

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyson your very welcome! Oh year your husband will be sure to love it so might want to make a little extra :) I might of eaten half the sweet potato chips before the rest was even done. SO yummy.

      ENJOY

      -Brenda

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger