I'm human, believe it or not.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

When I started out on this fitness journey 2.5 months ago I never realized the impact it would have on me as a person and my view of others.  Starting this blog a month or so before my journey began my intention was to use it to keep me motivated and accountable throughout. In doing so I found that posting to social media in general had kept me motivated and staving to reach my goal with an even bigger passion than I intended. Thus leading me to the point of this blog post, I am human I make mistakes, I fall, I post like a mad women to facebook, and I love taking pictures of myself. SO WHAT!

My Facebook and Instagram post are annoying, pointless, and conceded.

I have started on this journey for myself no one else. Like I said before though this journey I have realized how my point of view of others has changed. We all know that we care what we look like but I didn't realize just how much others care what you look like. I feel like as teenagers we grow up with this judgmental point of view, from what brand of cloths peoples are wearing to how much they weigh. NEWS FLASH it doesn't go away when you "grow up" everyday you are judging someone weather it be intentional or not. My post are a simple motivation to keep myself on track and document my progress, if I can motivate myself and maybe motivate just one other person it is worth it.  So please do what you need to do to motivate yourself, those who don't like it will ignore it and those who care will help to empower you along the way. I j challenge you that next time you look at someone or their social media post and think the slightest though it in your head about them remember you don't know their story. Life is full of insecurities don't feed them. 

I act like I am perfect. 

Woah, this makes me laugh. If you know me at all you know I am so far from perfect it is unreal! I feel that some people think that with my post I am trying to make people thing I am this crazy healthy nut who eats only healthy things and wants to be super skinny. WRONG for starters just in the last 24 hrs I have eaten Reese's peanut butter cups and a grande Carmel macchiato. If you want to take the time to look up the amount of sugar and calories in two things you will find that I am not perfect. I have cheat days (usually Sunday) and some days when I just totally abandon what I am working toward. Sure some days I am like "damn I really should of eaten that" and others I think "I am working my ass off I can have a candy bar if I want it". We all have these little things that we fight with any journey SUGAR happens to be mine. So if you see me in the store stocking up on fruit this is my way of trying to defuse my crazy chocolate or sugar carvings. I do not want to be perceived as perfect, I want people to know that being healthy is a journey a lot of people start down and ultimately fail. If we open up and accept each other we can all be imperfect and reach our goals together. 


BOOM the proof and I enjoyed every last bit and drink too!
(Comment below tell me what your favorite cheat snack or meal is)



To those of you working toward a goal.

No matter what the goal is don't let others judgments or self thoughts set you back. I saw a quote the other day that was so perfect. "Your setback is a platform for your comeback" so if you have a small or big setback in your goal just keep going. Unless you give up there isn't any goal that is out of reach. 

I may not get to my fitness or even my business goal in the time frame I wanted who knows I may never get there (yeah I said it), but I can tell you one thing it is that I am going to continue to do it for me and kicked ass the whole way. 


xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger