Baby B's Nursery

Thursday, August 28, 2014

I will be the first to admit as soon as I found out I was pregnant I started daydreaming about what I wanted a nursery would look like. From the very beginning I knew that I didn't want the room to have a theme. You know, I didn't want there to be flowers/pink galore or baseballs on every wall. As soon as we found out we were having a baby girl I immediately had a vision where I wanted her room to be bright, happy, airy, and full of color. When I mean full of color I mean FULL of color. Also because we live in a rent house I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on her nursery and Nate didn't want me to either.  This is where the DIY overload set in, pretty much everything you see in the room beside the crib was made or repurposed from something that we already had bringing our total expense for the nursery to literally around $130.  If you know me I pride myself on the deals that I can find or create so I am definitely proud of how her nursery turned out.



The dresser which I have had since I can remember was being used as pretty much storage in my office. Since the office is now the nursery there was no need for the storage and now makes the perfect changing table. It really is amazing what a little bit of paint can do, before this dresser just looked old and now.... well you can see. 


For her collage wall, the frames and the pennant flag I already had on hand. I created the wall art used in the frames and added an images from our maternity session also. I found a faux deer mount on etsy that was solid pink that I loved but I did not love the price tag.  So, Nate so generously gave up one of his many that he had just laying around and I bagged/taped off the antlers and spray painted it bright pink. I did not want the wood showing on the back of the mount like you typically would see in a European mount so we improvised and drilled a piece of wood with a picture hanging hook right into the back of the skull (this this isn’t going anywhere). This is probably my favorite part of the whole room. 

Of course we had to add a little silhouette of her big brother in there :) 



This chair has been in our family for a very LONG time.  For years I have been telling my mom that I wanted the chair and now was the perfect time to take it.  As a gift my grandma took the chair and had it painted and had new fabric that I had picked out put on it. Isn't it stunning!!


My Aunt is an amazing seamstress and for every baby that is born in our family she makes a quilt for them.  Like I said before I didn’t want it to be too matchy in the room so I sent her some ideas of what I like. I don’t think this is her idea of a quilt she would like to make but I am absolutely in love with it.  She also made our wedding quilt for us and surprised me and included pieces from that quilt as well as a little piece of my great grandmother and my grandpa in there. Couldn’t of imaged anything more beautiful.


I love being able to have things in her room that have meaning behind them. Pretty much everything you see up on her self is something special that was given to baby girl or has been part of my family. It is the story behind all of these things, big or small that makes it so much better than just regular decor on a shelf.


Old frame, some spray paint, sting, and clothes pins..... bam you have a headband holder.


I found a mobile almost exactly like this on easy that I wanted but didn't want to pay the price so my sister made this for me and gave it to me as part of my baby shower gift!! It is so perfect.





  

2 comments:

  1. It looks perfect sweetheart. You did great!! LU

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as precious as the baby girl that will be living in it. You did a good job!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger