Grilled dill pickle chicken with a summer salsa

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Its finally summer here in Mid Mo, so I wanted to try a little something fresh and fun. My mom made this dill pickle chicken for me once when I was home and I loved it! Since my husband is a pickle addict I had lots of extra jars of juice I had been collecting till I had enough to marinate the chicken in. So here goes....


Take your chicken breast and place them in a baggie or bow and pour all of your pickle juice in with the chicken so they are all fully covered in juice. Place the chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hour, I did mine all day. I LOVE PICKLES :) After you have marinated simply grill or bake.


I am gradually getting better at cooking healthy for myself so, I went to my cabinet and threw this little summer salsa together.

- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup chopped broccolie
- half a cup chopped onion
- half a medium sized cucumber chopped
- half of a green pepper chopped
- 2 tbs any low fat vinaigrette you have laying around ( you can substitute 1 tbs balsamic vinegar and olive oil if you don't have any)
- red pepper flakes to taste ( I like my food SPICY so I added a lot)
- salt and pepper to taste



You can really play around with this any way you want add or substitute any of the veggies, everything I used is just what I happened to have already. Nate came home and decided he wanted to make a wrap out of it, so with a little hot sauce he devoured them. Have fun with it and make your own concoction. Comment below and tell me how you made yours or changed it up.


xoxo,





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger